Threadstarter

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Re: I Need Opinions Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Have you checked what your slot cycle index is set at in your PST settings? I copied and pasted this from the Touch Pro Essentials thread...

You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority. Do note that 0 and 1 are reserved for emergency service uses, so DO NOT use these. You can ACCOLC's of 2-9, default on Sprint should be the last digit of your phone number.
I do remember reading something on that, but not all this because I guess I rather have someone talk to me and walk me through it. I do know they kept telling me that the text messages lag and will take awhile, but it shouldn't happen a lot. Since they said I live in a good area. Not to afraid of the batterly dying, because I rather that happen then not get ****.

My problem is, how do I access this?
My last four digits is 0658 so yeah, random. LoL Also I never had a problem with phone calls before, until now or that I noticed at least. I don't see why phone calls would lag though, it should just go straight through. Not like not get it or a missed call.

Edit: That almost makes Sprint sound liike it has horriable tower response or whatever you would call it. Sorry, I'm like out of it, way stressed out, up set and irratated. I lost my second job over this stupid ****. :/ Then I'm having other problems on the side, just coming at me all at once sucks.

My Verison of Device Information:
Should I copy and paste what I have, because that might help or explain more.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-09-2009 at 06:34 PM.