View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 06:26 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unless youve changed the connection settings, the mogul default is 600sec idle disconnect.

there is a reg key to make the connection always stay on, and there is a reg key to enable/disable the connection.

activesync will establish the connection and keep it on/dormant if you have an exchange server with schedule set to 'as they arrive'

i wrote the following mortscript and bound to a button to disable/enable the cellular data connection on my mogul with less taps/effort than nogprs. i offer no support for this, use it if you want, it works for me. i actually created it for an easy way to shut off data entirely so that everything uses wifi when im at home. my battery was fine either way.

Code:
# dcd connection toggle.mscr - 9-9-07 r3
ShowWaitCursor
If ( NOT Connected() )
	RegWriteDword("HKLM","\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Sprint PCS","Enabled","1")
	Vibrate(100)
	Connect( "The Internet" )
Else
	RegWriteDword("HKLM","\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Sprint PCS","Enabled","0")
	Vibrate(100)
	Sleep(200)
	Vibrate(100)
	Disconnect
EndIf
HideWaitCursor