Thread: SMS SIP Fix
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 10:43 AM
BigDiesel07
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Lightbulb SMS SIP Fix

I read here that there is an issue that currently afflicts Touch Diamond users... It seems that:

Quote:
...if you're using an HTC Touch Diamond with one of the latest version 2.0x ROMs (including Official HTC ROMs) you may have noticed a very annoying bug in the SMS threaded messaging screens. If you open a text message thread from the TouchFLO 3D screen, the reply field will automatically become selected and your default Software Input Panel (SIP) will appear so that you can type. The bug is that as soon as this happens, the input field becomes unselected and the SIP disappears! If you tap the input field again, it will appear and then disappear again. This makes it very difficult to reply to text messages.

Thankfully, user andrediaslopes of XDA-Developers
has posted a fix in the form of a cab file (LOSER's SMS fix.cab) which you can download and install to your Touch Diamond. After a soft reset, your SIP keyboard will always appear when replying to text messages and it will stay there so that you can use it.
I have uploaded the .CAB fix for your use... I did not make this, but am merely uploading it for you to use... This .CAB replaces the htmlnote file in the windows folder.
Attached Files
File Type: cab LOSER's SMS fix.cab (189.5 KB, 79 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.