View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:39 PM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Almost smashed my phone for the first time today

So I spent half the day on the phone with AT&T DSL support for a client of mine. An incredible multi-day ordeal. As I was finally reaching a point where I might have a resolution, my phone started informing me that my battery was dying, and periodically disconnecting my Bluetooth headset along the way, I plugged my phone into the wall to give it current, and also opened the keyboard to hopefully dispel some heat. Alas, his attempts to resolve the issue failed again, and he put me on hold to transfer me to the supervisor. As the supervisor's voice came on the line, my phone beeped, and shut off the phone connection, and then powered down. It was over five minutes of charging before I could power it back on, and by then they had surely given up on trying to call me back, and even then the phone died immediately again.

I just sent HTC a pretty angry email. I love the Touch Pro, and I've convinced several others to buy it, and I'll shout its overall praises from the rooftops. But its horrific battery life combined with its complete inability to charge as quickly as it can discharge has pushed me to my edge.

Is there anything I'm missing here? Anything I'm not doing right, anything maybe in newer shipping units that would resolve these issues? I'm not sure I can afford the liability of knowing that if I have to make a several-hour phone call that not even plugging my phone in can prevent me from killing my battery. Not cool.