View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:57 PM
temperamentalman
Regular 'Geeker

temperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to temperamentalman Send a message via MSN to temperamentalman
Common Treo Pro registry edits...

I noticed at TreoCentral there is a forum thread dedicated to registry edits. I didn't see one here, but may have overlooked it. I think it would be good to create our own set of edits that are used by most, along with CAB's that make our lives a little easier on the Pro...

Yay or nay!? Or did I overlook it?

Adjust screen sensitivity:
HKLM\Drivers\TouchPanel\PressureThreshold

Change PressureThreshold setting to 240 (decimal). You can also increase this number, but do so at your own risk.

Remove WiFi Plugin from today screen:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Wireless"

Change Enabled to 0 (once complete, exit your registry editor and soft reset with an application such as psShutXP, rather than the reset button)

I will be adding more once I see there is a want or need for this thread. Also, for those that are not familiar or comfortable performing registry edits, I will be more than happy to create a CAB file for you to install. The great thing about a CAB file is it can also be UNinstalled lol...

Thanks to "codyppc" and "berdinkerdinkle" over at TreoCentral for their finds...

By request, I have added a "donations" link. If you like my work please donate! It's not expected, but it is appreciated!

or, simply hit "Thanks"

Last edited by temperamentalman; 05-07-2009 at 08:03 PM.