Thread: HTC Homeplugin
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
mastergadgets
Regular 'Geeker

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Homeplugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
How do I edit the Homeplugin on my today screen. Not the clock and weather stuff the icons at the bottom. I thought Home customizer did but I don't see the options. The red square in the screen capture is what I want to edit.
I don't know of any application that can modify the contents the HTC Homeplug.
That being said, I decided to modify it myself via the registry.
You will need a registry editor. There are many free ones out there, just pick one that suits your needs.

Instructions how to modify the HTC Homeplug:

In portrait mode, you can have up to 8 slots [0-7].
1. Using a registry editor Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\HTCHomeplug\., under “HTCHomeplug” you can remove or rename and/or make new keys ones, at a time; “New Key” 0 through 8 or fewer as you desire.
2. In the selected new “Key” make a new “DWORD;
a. In the value name, give it the name for the application you will assign to that key.
b. Leave the “Value data” 0 [zero]
3. In the Key, make a new “String Value”
a. In the “Value name” type “LaunchApPath”
b. In the “Value data” type the path location of the application you wish to assign to this key.
4. In the Key, make a new “String Value”
a. In the “Value name” type “ResPath”
b. In the “Value data” type the path location of the icon associated with the application. Most of the time the icon information is included in the .exe file
In mine I left every other “Key” blank to accommodate my fat fingers but you may put an application for every key.

Last edited by mastergadgets; 05-08-2009 at 12:32 PM.