PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
It really remains to be seen. To my knowledge, no one has really announced a WinMo 6.5 device. There is talk of the TP2 being 6.5, and a late 3rd/early 4th qtr release would seem to back that up.

I swear I read that M$oft did not want vendors/carriers/manufacturers to push out 6.5 ROM updates for pre-existing devices. This makes sense as then it opens up their testing to older hardware, etc. But that could have easily changed.

My friend works for a game design company, and they have a 6.5 device in their shop for testing, but haven't done much with it as the kernel remains basically the same.

It's been my understanding as well that WinMo 6.5 is really just a graphical overhaul of 6.1 with minimal enhancement other than being more finger friendly and modernized graphically. M$oft's intent was to get 6.5 out to bridge the gap with WinMo 7 to follow in 2010 (we'll see) to really enhance the experience through upgraded application and OS.

Then again, I could be totally wrong on each point!

hey man thanks for the info. i have heard some of the same stuff too but was just wondering if there was any new, news on it. the only reason i was asking was cause all of the 6.5 roms are here are cool to have for like a day or two but then they start to bug out and then ya gotta flash back to a 6.1 lol. anyways thanks for the info.