View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:07 PM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Main gribes w/ touch pro (under wm65)

Your issues are pretty much on the mark. One charging issue is that charging via USB to computer is absurdly slow, and worse than previous models, making it useless. The phone discharges faster than it charges using this method. As for being plugged in, it's actually a heat issue. It can charge as fast if not faster than it's being used, but if it gets too hot, it stops charging, and then you're screwed. Has happened to me several times now.

Battery life's just plain terrible. I had to get an extended battery, and even with that it's pretty bad. I only make it through the day if I can keep my phone plugged in while at work.

And yes, transition's still slow. But I haven't seen any WM phones where it wasn't, honestly.

Touch Pro2, as far as has been stated, improved battery life, but by some unknown factor (they were more specific about the Diamond2). Nothing's been said about charge speed or overheating while charging, though. And based on videos and reality, I wouldn't have high hopes for notable rotation improvements.

I'm personally torn on whether I'll bother to upgrade. I'm Sprint Premier, so I qualify for the upgrade in November, which is probably shortly after it'll be released, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Camera's not upgraded (in fact it loses the flash), it has EVEN LESS buttons, I question whether the special microphones and back will make extended batteries harder to make, and all of its software innovations have already leaked and I've already moved past them to 6.5. All that's left for me (I don't travel out of the country, so GSM's not a selling factor) are the bigger widescreen, the tilt, and the nicer keyboard. At this point they won't justify spending an additional $250-300 to replace my current mostly awesome phone.

I may go ahead and skip it and see what's next. Maybe they'll release a model with one of those 1Ghz processors they've been playing with, or something based off of nVidia's Tegra chipset and THEN we'll see something worthwhile. Or maybe Android or WebOS-based phones will have enough of their gaps filled in that I'll be comfortable switching. Time will tell.