View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
summerlady
Lurker

summerlady is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Syncing problems

I had been happily syncing my Diamond with my computer using Vista when it started to not see the device and connect. If I did a soft reboot and reconnected it it synced fine right away. It was a pain to have to do a soft reboot each time so when I was near the Sprint store I went in. The guy unchecked the "Enable advanced network functionality" (I didn't know about doing that at the time) and then he connected it to their computer, I guess to see if it would sync (it would have taken a long time - I have lots of contacts) and after a few minutes he told me that my files were corrupted. Anyway since that tiime I have not been able to sync. I get a message that the "sync failed" and "ActiveSybc encountered a problem on the desktop". I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Mobile Device Center and get the same message. They want me to uninstall and reinstall Outlook and I hesitate to do that because I think it's a big undertaking. I think I'd first like to do a hard reset to the Diamond since it's only 2 months and I haven't put too much on it yet and what I have is all on my computer. I thought I'd ask first here if anyone has any advice re doing the hard reset. I know the message I receive says "problem on the desktop" but since it synced before I brought it to Sprint (although I had to do the soft reset each time it completed the sync fine) how could it be Outlook which was home on my computer at the time)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.