View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:16 AM
fishpony
PPCGeeks Regular

fishpony is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is it just me?? -rant-

Just wanted to see if i'm the only one on here that is sick of standing up for the Touch Pro/ Windows Mobile in general. I've had a motoQ, Mogul, and bought a Touch Pro the week it came out, spent $475 on the thing thinking that the extra CPU speed and Ram would finally speed Windows Mobile up enough to not lag. Well after flashing 6-7 different ROMs, fully loaded and completely stripped, i've finally decided WM just sucks speed wise. I know i have no other option but to keep hanging in there and see if the hardware catches up or if maybe Android will work out for me.

My coworker has an Iphone and he was sick of ATT so he was thinking about getting Sprint. I could not honestly reccommend getting a TP over the Iphone. Now dont get me wrong i would Never get an Iphone but i can't see anyone being happy going from a stable yet locked down OS with an App store, to a buggy/laggy WM. sending text messages with the physical keyboard and if i have anything else open it lags a word behind when i type, even with nothing open it is still laggy. How much processing power does that honestly take?

Now looking at the Touch Pro 2 specs from spring and seeing that it has the exact same hardware im wondering why the F i keep standing up for these phones. It's going to perform exactly the same as the TP. When are we going to get a good performing phone to use? Will it take another operating system? Tegra? Am i the only one that is a little pist about my $500 phone? Maybe it is just me...
This post has been thanked 1 times.