View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 PM
mikenerd
Regular 'Geeker

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Touch Pro Mod - Stick on Bezel

I have never been thrilled by the TP's flat face. After trying 4 or 5 screen lock programs and feeling like they had missed the mark for me, I reluctantly bought a hard case as I could not find a stick on bezel. It was not to protect the phone as much as it was to get a raised bezel, around the screen, to keep it from getting pushed when it turned on or rang in my pocket. It did the trick but it was bulky and a pain in the butt to take off. So, when I decided last night to order the bigger 3000mah battery I didnt know what I would do to protect my screen. I dont think there are any hard cases for it and even if there were it would rival my netboot in thickness. Again, I searched for a stick on bezel and could not find such a product. Thus, I decided to undergo case surgery. It turned out very well IMO and I thought I would share. It is pretty easy and very inexpensive. I think some who just want a bit more protection for their screen or folks who might not want to use a screen lock app may want to try it. I am now going to use some sort of invisashield to protect the buttons and chrome.

The case i used is $7 shipped from cell phone shop.com

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/touchprosnap.html

All I did was cut the top piece, with a sharp razor knife, leaving just the bezel. It was a bit of trial and error but after a few minutes I figured out the best approach. If interested I will share. After that I just used permanent (not really, that is just what Scotch tape calls it) double stick tape and stuck it on. It is very secure and not going anywhere. I have used all day like normal and by evening sort of forgot it was there. The bezel looks the same as when it was the full case but now its just that portion. I have attached pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1647.JPG (42.7 KB, 351 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_1649.JPG (45.4 KB, 317 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_1646.JPG (39.5 KB, 262 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_1648.JPG (40.9 KB, 216 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.