Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Helmi Apache WM6 [verizonguy edition]

Helmi Apache WM6 Rom VE (Verizonguy Edition) A4 (Alpha 4) aka devel4
Current Version: A4
Download here: http://verizonguy.com/wm6

Apache WM6 Aku 0.7.0 Kitchen
Current Version: 0.4
Download here: http://verizonguy.com/wm6

Major Update: Devel4 now available for testing.

Summary of changes in this build:
I've managed to fix Infrared Beam OBEX in this build. I've also added SDHC support and Office 2007 support along with removing more extraneous stuff. I'll be starting a separate thread for more discussion on SDHC on apache. I think you'll find this rom also gives you more space to install programs on your phone

This installer package is designed for Verizon users to be run on Windows XP. This is a work in progress and is a development build, not yet an official release, so use at your own risk.

All credit goes to Helmi_c. We owe him much for all the time he has put in to making WM6 available to us on the Apache. Please send him a donation when you can to show your appreciation.

Instructions:

1) Backup contacts, documents, etc from your phone.
2) Put your phone in bootloader mode by holding down the 2 buttons in the top left corner of your phone while putting the stylus in the reset hole.
3) Connect your phone to your PC via mini usb cable.
4) Download the file linked above.
5) Run Devel4.exe
6) When finished running, unplug usb cable, then do a soft reset by putting the stylus in the hole.
7) When it starts booting up, do a hard reset by holding down the 2 soft keys (above send/end) while putting the stylus in the hole.
8 ) Let it reboot, align screen, etc.

Dial *22899 to program your phone.

Soft reset using the soft reset application in the Programs menu.

Changelog

Major update, lots of progress
- Fixed IR Beam (and there was much rejoicing)
- Added SDHC support (the rejoicing got louder)
- Added Office 2007 support (crickets)
- Removed more extraneous non-stock applications moving closer toward a plain vanilla release.
- Optimized imgfs structure to allow for more free space
---

More optimizations & standardization.
-Dialer now has working 911, working ## codes, smartdialing, etc. A custom phone canvas module will eventually have to be created to properly use wm6's dialer as intended, but this will be functional and be what we're used to.
-Added wpa wifi fix from xda-developers site.
-Other fixes, but it's 3:22am and I'm tired.
---

Fixes & optimization
-Fixed broken 911 and dialer issues from stock rom.
-Removed over 50 invalid registry entries and links from the stock rom.
-Several optimizations for speed and ease of use.
-fixed & restored standard hardware buttons
-fixed missing comm manager in AppButtons
-corrected voice speed dial registry entries
-enabled HTC Task Manager
---

devel1 made available for public download. WM6 for the Apache is in the early development stage. It is not considered "production" or even a release so if you choose to use any WM6 rom at this point, understand you may not have full functionality or dependable service.
-Removed "trial" purchased software that required licenses: Deepfish, Resco File Explorer, Resco Registry, Resco Update & Yahoo Go 2.0
-Added free applications: Total Commander (great free file explorer/manager), PHM Registry Editor and a Soft Reset application.
-Brought Voice dialing back, integrated free voice dialing into rom. (Haven't changed button functionality for it yet, available through programs menu for now & fully functional.

Last edited by verizonguy; 10-22-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: devel3 update