View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:32 AM
wmdunn
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Few questions about Windows Mobile 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey52 View Post
I just updated to 6.5 with Calkulins Rom. And....wow...this really sucks...lol. I'm trying to figure out how to use TF3D with 6.5. I downloaded the Calkulins Manila Engine 1.2.35348.2_1813.6. File in his thread and all i get is the "Tap here to start TF3d" "Starting TF3d" "Tap here...etc". Also i noticed that my old Dialer doesn't work either. I would LOVE to play around with this rom if I could only get TF3D to work so that I can switch to my "play" and "work" phones. (TF3D being work since I am familiar with it)

But I can't seem to get it to work for ANYTHING. We need a mega-thread with a FAQ for this because noobs like me can't figure this stuff out.

Also I can't get the Picture tab to point in the correct location. It only seems to work for the My Pictures folder on the main storge. But I want it to go to my Internal Storage like it did with TF3D Album.

However, I must admit that it seems pretty cool if I could just figure out what works and what doesn't. (Dialers... manilla hacks etc.)

If anyone could just give me some tips or point me in the right direction for some Themes, Programs that don't work correctly or F.A.Q's for WM 6.5 I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for everyone that posted and helped me out with this decision...hopefully with a little more help i won't regret it.
Two pieces of advice ...

(1) Might be best for your first 6.5 experience, to just download a custom rom rather than building one from scratch. Most of the customs are based on some form of Calcu's kitchen, so simply choose one. Indagroove has one called the "simple" rom, give it a try.

(2) If you decide to cook your own, try one without manila, touchflo ... none are necessary with 6.5. I use a basic one cooked in Calcu's kitchen and find it quick, smooth, uncomplicated. If you'd like to know what I have included in mine, pm me.