View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
conflipper
MIA

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom ROM on Motorola Q *Project*

I am starting a project up, although the device is old it is still a good device, I am going to be working on getting this to work, Once I do get it, if I do, I will try and expand everything to the new Q devices, Qc and Qm and stuff like that.

So I will try and post my progress here has i can get it.

Where I stand right now.

I have files decompressed, I have all of the dumps, for a verizon Motorola Q monster file. I have SYS and OEM from those. I have found the IMGFS start address and I am working on getting the xip out of there now.

The motorola q has a rom size limit of 78000 KBS, it uses XPR rom compression Type.

I am working now on getting the xip like i said, going through the files with a hex editor trying to find everything. once i can get the xip out, i will be able to build the rom and everything. once i get that made, I will need a test device to flash and see if it works.

I have posted a message in Bargin trader about someone having a Moto Q I Could buy for this project thought i would mention it here has well.

Stay tune for future updates.
This post has been thanked 11 times.