View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 AM
kevm14
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6.1 ROM like stock Sprint but faster?

The deal so far is that I mostly like TF3D and the stock Sprint ROM is definitely functional. This is my first smartphone but from what I've read the TP is way more functional out of the box than previous smartphones. And I've improved it with tweaks here and there, plus I have a late-ish build phone, 3/9/09. However I keep hearing that I can have everything I have now, but with more speed.

What is the closest cooked ROM to stock Sprint but with performance improvements that are impossible via simple registry changes? Basically I want everything I have now (minus Sprint TV or nav, which I don't pay for or use) but in a faster package. I would say the application performance is the biggest drawback. My 2400 message exchange mailbox takes a few seconds to open, sometimes other apps slow down, or take too long to close. Or even launching the windows calculator takes a few seconds when I think it should be damn near instant. The camera app is WAY too sluggish, as well. Taking a picture is ok but navigating the advanced options feels like I am running Windows 95 on a 386, as an example. With 528MHz and 288MB ram I can't help but feel I am leaving speed on the table. Either that or WM is incredibly inefficient, or both.

Which ROM or ROMs fits the bill here?