View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 10:49 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Case Study: Flashing to Stock BEFORE flashing Custom Roms

I highly doubt that a file could survive a flash, as the image is totally overwritten with the new image. And for those that flash back to stock when flashing a custom rom, it's only 15 minutes of your life. What makes you think some of the files from the stock rom might not be there still be there too if that's your logic? I have never flashed back to stock for this purpose...

I suspect that your a expierencing the "shared" zone. 99% of roms all use the same ingredients. While customized, they are all pretty much the same. They all usually originate over at xda as a .cab or from a rom release.

If you are concerned about only the sounds and that's why you started this thread, keep the following in mind.
1. Your chef was bored with the regular windows sounds.
2. I do have a Custom Rom Sounds tutorial that has the same files available for download by anyone.
3. I often release my kitchens/OEM directory that has that available.
4. I borrow from other kitchens all the time, it's a great timesaver. Hopefully others are borrowing from me as well...
5. That "text message boss" comes standard with xbmods rhodium .cab..

I highly doubt that files being left over are the cause of this. I am happy to see chefs customize more. When I got here, all that was customized was to skin manila in black...Boring...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 04-23-2009 at 10:58 AM.