View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Bearxor
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
But thats the thing - WM6 already exists for the Blue Angel. I mean, a quick trip to XDA-Dev's shows that a WM6 rom is ready for download for a device as old as a a Himalaya.

The WM6 rom for the BA will run fine on the Harrier. The main thing that prevented WM5 on the Harrier at the time was lack of WM5 compatible drivers for the CDMA chipset in use in the Harrier, IIRC.

I have a lot of idea at the work that is involved in this and appreciate the work that people far more talented than I have. It just seems at this point over half the work is done. A WM6 rom exists for any device that seems even remotely capable of running it. It would be a great boon especially for Verizon users, who have EVDO enabled on their phones. It would benefit those that still have them laying around and like to use the big screen for maps and such in the car and want to keep current.

Why is the 6800 the main focus? Why does it need attention? Does it suck THAT badly? The 6800 already has WM6 and Microsoft hasn't even released a single update to it yet. Is it simply a case of HTC relying on it's user base to fix what's wrong with it's phones?