View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:07 PM
chronster
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch pro air chamber project (lol)

Ok so everyone's getting heat issues while tethering, and i started thinking about something I could set my phone into to keep it cool.

I thought about what would keep air passing over the device (and through the space between screen and keyboard) and I've come up with a small design idea. I've got plenty of computer case fans sitting around so I could make this using either an 80mm fan or 120mm fan.

so as you can see air would be sucked in from the bottom, forced into a chamber, and pushed out small vents at the top. You'd place your phone into the top there (like an air bath.)

I'd have to fiddle with a usb plug and wires and split off the power and ground to give power to the fan (so basically you'd be charging your phone, tethering, and powering a computer fan all at once.) Oh and the entire thing would be made out of thin birch plywood or something.

Anyways, laugh it up or add some ideas to it, either way I plan on making it this weekend :P

This post has been thanked 5 times.