View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Hoss
PPCGeeks Regular

Hoss is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Registry Tweaks for Omnia i900

Phoebus, I use CERegEditor, you can Google it and find a couple of places to pull from. The program allows you to make a backup of your registry which can be handy if you blow something when making an edit. With a registry editor you are able to view the core instructions Windows is providing your Omnia to operate. By making changes to the registry the Windows OS will instruct your device to respond per the new instructions giving you new functions and features not originally seen out-of-the-box.

My first registry edit came after using the registry editor a few times without making any changes but just becoming familiar with the overall look, feel and actions. Since it worked for me I recommend the same for you, get comfortable with the program and interface before changing registry values. Once you are comfortable with the program and "landscape" of what you are looking at the instructions for registry edits begin to make a lot more sense. Build your confidence slowly and before long you will be tinkering on your own with this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.