View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
jfish222
Lurker

jfish222 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (UPDATE!! 03/29) Josh's Kaiser Roms+Kitchen (21198 Speed!!:))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpindc View Post
not sure if my brother can use this Rom, does it require Winmo 6.1 + ?

he has the at&t HTC 8525 and HTC Tilt but doesn't have the data plan on it(he has a 4-year voice plan with add-on text messaging service)
so we're not sure if he can connect the phone to the laptop for internet surfing like I can on Sprint's HTC Diamond with MightyRom

can he use the internet sharing app(phone as a modem) and not get charged? (does this Rom have it installed and tweaked)

would appreciate any advice on this
No Data Plan = No Phone as modem. The concept of Phone As Modem is that you are using the phone's data plan to provide internet.

IF he gets the data plan, then your second concern comes into play. ATT/Sprint/etc all want you to pay extra for phone as modem usage. The "fix" you speak of basically has your phone pass on the data without "dialing" into the phone companies tethered data plan. I'm over simplifying a bit but hopefully you get the idea. IF you you get the unlimited data plan, I persoanlly am a fan of June Fabrics PDANet application for providing this functionality as it has nice bells and whistles, but there are a number of applications that provide what you're looking for.

Hope I helped, I'm a complete nube when it comes to flashing but can at least help out with the simple stuff.