Old 04-12-2009, 12:44 PM
JJ 109
Lurker
Threadstarter

JJ 109 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: landscape keyboard

Yes I think you nailed it. I just installed changescreen and ill play around with it a bit and see how I like it. Is this the best program to use? I mostly just want to be able to text in landscape.

Thanx so much for the help. What a pain, seems like it should work this way out of the box!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
What you have to do is change your screen to landscape then open the keyboard and the skins work. What you MIGHT be mistakingly thinking is that the fact you have a landscape skin the keyboard opens in landscape automaticaly. This is not true (TouchPro opens landscape when the physical keyboard is drawn out but not the soft keyboard). It is not built in to automatically rotate screen. So your search should be on what method you want to use to rotate screen.... gsensor style or manual/keypress or software/exe file. Once you're in the program you want, then rotate screen, your keyboards will work.

One way to test, is to use Opera.. since it is one of the few programs that auto rotate screen, then once rotated (remember you have to have your screen in landscape first always) click on search or nav bar or something that requires text entry... keyboard should come up in landscape veiw. If it doesn't autopop you should see a symbol in the center of the bottom bar that you can click that brings up the keyboards.