View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Kageneko
Lurker

Kageneko is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Global Hard Reset Function

It has come to my attention and frustration that there are WAY to many forums and topics and different ways on the net to HARD RESET your Touch Pro...SO I have decided to make this topic and hopefully get it Stickied as the known ways of hard resetting methods.

SO HERE THEY ARE:
SPRINT. AT&T
Method 1
1.Hold power button, volume down, center button
2. put the stylus in reset hole

Method 2
Verizon
With Power on...
1) Press and hold center button, and then press the power button for about about a second second(timing is critical and very difficult to actually pull off SO INSTEAD I RECOMMEND....)

Method 2b
Verizon
With Power on...
1. Press and hold center button
2. With stylus press reset button

(NOTE: For all that say holding the center button doesn't do anything...yes, yes it does. Verizon changed their firmware so for that version all you need is the center button ...yeh i know it's stupid)

Method 3
Sprint (Thanks Mstevens)
1. Hold down Volume and center buttons with phone off
2. Hold down the power button then wait

SO, now when one of these technique finally!! works for you you will get a message to the respect "This operation will delete all of your personal data"
there you can Press Volume Up to reset, or whatever other button your model denotes for reset.

*ADD-ON*
CLEAR STORAGE
If you still have access to phone but need to delete all personal data and go back to default without doing a hard boot you have the clear storage option.
1. On the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab and then tap All Settings.
2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.
(FROM HTC Q/A)

Hopefully ALL WORKS OUT ^_^
IF Anyone finds more ways or knows of more ways Either send me a message or post them here and I will update this post with them ^_^b

Kage
(I'd say not to bad for my first post eh^_-)

Last edited by Kageneko; 04-14-2009 at 08:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.