View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM
fletch713
N00b

fletch713 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry, but after playing around with the iphone, I actually like the interface. I've used ppc's for years now, and I won't give my mogul because gps, fast internet, tethering, and program availability are all very important for me (not to mention the cheap SERO plan). However, the interface is really clunky compared to the iphone. I have to use a stylus, which means using two hands, to get to most functions.

I lost my stylus recently, and using fingers to minimize/close programs, scroll, change dialogue boxes is really a pain in ppc. There's a reason why small apps like pocketcm are getting such attention. Flicking through a contact list is much easier than scrolling with a stylus. And even that program is nowhere near as smooth and polished as the iphone interface. Same with the music player, picture viewer, web browser, etc. With third-party programs like Resco, Core player, opera, you get extra functionality if you click through half a dozen menues, but when I'm on the go or sharing stuff with friends, I prefer the ease and refinement that the iphone interface provides.

In short, an iphone by itself doesn't do all that i need a pda to do, but i'll definitely take that interface for the mogul.

Last edited by fletch713; 09-05-2007 at 03:58 PM.