View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 05:14 PM
chronster
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hello all Newbie here with new phone and ???'s

Ok, a cab file is like an installer for your phone. The way I always get cabs on to my phone is simple:

I plug my phone into my PC with a usb cable (one came with your phone.) When you plug it in a menu will pop up on your phone asking if you want active sync or disk drive. Select disk drive. This will give you access to your storage card via your pc.

Most of the time something pops up on your pc saying like , explore the contents or something like that. If it doesn't, goto My Computer and select "Removable Disc". Mine shows up as "Removable Disc H:"

You can double click that and explore it like a folder. What I've done on my storage card is created a folder called "Downloaded cabs" and this is where I keep a copy of every cab I've ever installed. On your PC, save the cab file from the website you're viewing, then navigate to it, and drag and drop it into your storage card.

After this, disconnect the usb cable, then run the "File Explorer" from your phone. Navigate to your storage card and find the cab you transfered. All you'll need to do is tap it once to run it.

Now, depending on the app, you normally install it to your device. If you install it to storage it will install onto your storage card. The only difference is read and write speeds being slower.

After you install it, you can goto Start then to Programs, and there should be an icon of the program you installed.

You can also run a cab directly from the website while browsing with your phone. Good luck.