Old 09-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Bearxor
PPCGeeks Regular

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Inside the HTC Mogul

Howdy all!

I have a Mogul sitting around waiting to be returned to the store and I thought I would take a few minutes to disassemble it and snap pictures of everything I could get to and post for all of your enjoyment!

I've done some searches to see if anyone's documented the phone this throughly, but didn't find much. I'm always curious about how things are built so nothing is safe. The Mogul is pretty well built a nice solid phone from a hardware standpoint.

Without further ado, the pictures. Click the thumbnails for full-resolution photos.

Here's our unsuspecting victim, the PPC-6800. You've all seen this picture before anyways.

The back cover removed. Here you can see the speaker, the flash, the camera and the external antenna connector. At the bottom, the vibrator, reset button and HTC proprietary USB connector.

This is what the bottom half of the phone looks like with the motherboard removed. You see three ribbon cables here. The very left one is for the keyboard, the middle one is for the screen and front panel buttons and the very right is the camera on its own little pcb. I have no idea what the small chip on the board is to the upper left of the keyboard connector is.

Last edited by Bearxor; 09-04-2007 at 11:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.