Thread: wifi / sprint
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Primenall
Regular 'Geeker

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wifi / sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
you can also turn your diamond into a wifi router using wmwifi for more info you can go here> http://wmwifirouter.com/. i'm still on the trial, and am considering buying it if I can figure out how to get it to work with my ipod touch.

other than that, usually wifi is faster than 3g, a lot of times its not a mig difference, but it can come in handy when streaming video.
Yep that's about the only thing I use my WIFI for.......turning my phone into an internet access point

Just start up WmWifirouter and bam my laptop is on the internet fast and easy wherever I am with no wires and way better speeds than connecting with bluetooth.

Here is the old old free version of WmWifiRouter the one that works on our Diamonds, just install the cab, open the program and hit connect on the phone, find it with your laptop and connect.
You can set up an encryption key easily too.
Go to Settings\connections\wifi
Highlight all from the drop down menu, you will see wmwifirouter
Select it and then select encryption and enter a key....then use the key when you connect with your laptop.

If you do have trouble after install select crash cleanup from the lower right menu, I currently have the new version but reinstalled the old version to retest and left it on overnight and it changed ics settings, so if you do want it go here.

Last edited by Primenall; 04-06-2009 at 05:15 AM.