View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 06:24 AM
selders59
Halfway to VIP Status

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59
Re: WHy is Windows Mobile so Slow compared to other OS's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
Hi guys! I'm not making this post to "stir up the pot" or anything, it's just that I'm really curious.

Background: I come from a line of Palm products (M100>IIIc>Treo650) and made the jump to Windows Mobile last year with the crap of all crap Mogul phone.

Now, I was used to the speed and responsiveness of Palm's products, and I was NOT prepared for the Mogul's sluggishness...even WITH one of No2Chem's ROM's (Thank you No2Chem and DCD, who made my phone usable)

Okay, so naturally I upgrade to the Diamond. WAY better experience, more memory does go a long way, but....there is still a lag. It's not an "unusable lag" like the Mogul, but it's just noticeable, and I wish it would go away, LOL

I gave my Treo 650 to my girlfriend last year, and I still toy with it every now and then. I was playing with it today, and was just AMAZED at how fast it was! Opening programs, everything. I did the same with my Diamond (with programs that were already "open"), and the response was fast...but not "Instant" like with the Treo.

I also noticed this when I played with my first Blackberry last week. The thing is RESPONSIVE, instant. Even my buddies Iphone. FAST. I wonder what Symbian and Android are like?

So...my question is: Why is Window's Mobile so slow?

I'm happy with my phone (Now), but I PRAY to Existence Itself that when Windows Mobile 7 comes out, that it will be built from the bottom up to be FAST.....like everyone else, you know?
One reason Windows runs or seems to run alittle slower than other OS's is because it has more programs that are running unnoticed in the background.These are programs and parts of the OS that don't fully shut off when not in use. There are programs that you can DL that will fully close these programs. Like MemMaid for one, but use caution and make sure what it is that you are closing because that can seriously effect your system.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"