View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Journeyjeans
Regular 'Geeker

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans
Question WHy is Windows Mobile so Slow compared to other OS's?

Hi guys! I'm not making this post to "stir up the pot" or anything, it's just that I'm really curious.

Background: I come from a line of Palm products (M100>IIIc>Treo650) and made the jump to Windows Mobile last year with the crap of all crap Mogul phone.

Now, I was used to the speed and responsiveness of Palm's products, and I was NOT prepared for the Mogul's sluggishness...even WITH one of No2Chem's ROM's (Thank you No2Chem and DCD, who made my phone usable)

Okay, so naturally I upgrade to the Diamond. WAY better experience, more memory does go a long way, but....there is still a lag. It's not an "unusable lag" like the Mogul, but it's just noticeable, and I wish it would go away, LOL

I gave my Treo 650 to my girlfriend last year, and I still toy with it every now and then. I was playing with it today, and was just AMAZED at how fast it was! Opening programs, everything. I did the same with my Diamond (with programs that were already "open"), and the response was fast...but not "Instant" like with the Treo.

I also noticed this when I played with my first Blackberry last week. The thing is RESPONSIVE, instant. Even my buddies Iphone. FAST. I wonder what Symbian and Android are like?

So...my question is: Why is Window's Mobile so slow?

I'm happy with my phone (Now), but I PRAY to Existence Itself that when Windows Mobile 7 comes out, that it will be built from the bottom up to be FAST.....like everyone else, you know?