View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: flashing = free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousj012 View Post
okay, this may sound stupid, buttt like i'll tell everyone, i'm new to the whole flashing/modding thing, when you flash it over to a different carrier does that give you the ability to use internet and such free- WITHOUT having service on your phone? i had a little issue with the bill [like not paying it] and i know you can flash over to cricket/metro pcs roms.. would that make my phone able to access internet/messages/ANYTHING??

just curious because i DO have my cricket phone paid for, just not my sprint line :]
Well it depends on what free services you expect. Voice/SMS dont change regardless, they are counted on the server side.

Now this is where you may consider it "Free". Many people have unlimited data plans which DO NOT include tethered internet. Tethered internet for me is $8/Mb of data. Certain ROMs include software that mimics the phones internet connection and is counted towards that when using tethered mode bypassing the $8/Mb fee.

Heres a tip for new Flashers...

If it doesnt work.... Soft Reset
If it still doesnt work.... Soft Reset again...
If it stilllll doesnt work.... Hard Reset...
..................................... Reflash to Stock ROM
...........................................Reflash to Custom Rom
................................................Go back to step1.