View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Two odd occurrences when receiving calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaPlaya View Post
Sprint Touch Pro with stock ROM and no other mods. I don't know it these two things are related or if they started at the exact same time, but they both did start recently.
(1) Sometimes on incoming calls, I answer and hear a fraction of a second of what the person calling is saying, and then I hear a dial tone. It is a standard american dial tone like when you first pick up a landline phone before pushing any buttons. I will hear this for about three seconds and it will go away and my call will continue as normal. I'm told that when it is happening, the person on the other end of the call hears silence. It only happens on incoming calls, intermittently, and from various callers.
(2) The Pro will not audibly ring on incoming calls. If it is set to ring, it wont ring, if its set to ring and vibrate, it will vibrate only, if its set to vibrate, it vibrates. It does always display the call on the screen. This happens regardless of the ringtone selected and I can manually play the ringtone from the settings menu. It does play all other notifications and alarms.

I have tried a soft reset several times and it didn't help either situation. I will eventually do a hard reset, but want to know if there is anything else I should try before doing that.

Thanks!!!
For the first one, you should probably try a hard reset. An out-of-the-box hard reset seems to be recommended to correct weird issues like that. If it's -only- happening on incoming calls, and you're sure that you're not pressing buttons on the screen with your face (I DO IT ALL OF THE TIME! Ugh lol) then a hard reset is worth a shot.

And the second, like eeniemini said, check the ring volume - it's independent of the system volume. Tap one of the volume buttons to bring up the HTC Volume control, tap the "Ring" tab at the top, be sure the volume is something higher than 0

Who knows, a hard reset may correct the second issue, also.