View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
parkjam
Regular 'Geeker

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EZ Automated UC ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
At the same time, you could just dump all your .cab files into a single folder and run Sashimi... done deal, no need to create an SDconfig.txt or anything like that.

I haven't been too big a fan of sashimi in the past, but I like it better than UC. Lesser of two evils.
I don't know. I personally didn't like the fact that most ROMs aren't sashimi compliant, so it setup an SDConfig to install sashimi, rebooted and then ran sashimi. Then for the life of that flash, I always had sashimi installed on my phone. It just seemed easier to eliminate the middle man and do the SDConfig myself.

As for adding programs you picked up, I never found it a hassle to just type

CAB: Storage Card\Cab\whatever.cab at the end of my SDConfig file.

The other thing about SD Config I like is that I can control the order that things happen in, as opposed to haveing to rename files to work with Sashimi's alphabetical model. To me that was important as far as registry settings\tweaks that had to occur after a particular program was installed, as in the case of inputting serial numbers for me.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead