View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:59 PM
CaliforniaPlaya
PPCGeeks Regular

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Two odd occurrences when receiving calls

Sprint Touch Pro with stock ROM and no other mods. I don't know it these two things are related or if they started at the exact same time, but they both did start recently.
(1) Sometimes on incoming calls, I answer and hear a fraction of a second of what the person calling is saying, and then I hear a dial tone. It is a standard american dial tone like when you first pick up a landline phone before pushing any buttons. I will hear this for about three seconds and it will go away and my call will continue as normal. I'm told that when it is happening, the person on the other end of the call hears silence. It only happens on incoming calls, intermittently, and from various callers.
(2) The Pro will not audibly ring on incoming calls. If it is set to ring, it wont ring, if its set to ring and vibrate, it will vibrate only, if its set to vibrate, it vibrates. It does always display the call on the screen. This happens regardless of the ringtone selected and I can manually play the ringtone from the settings menu. It does play all other notifications and alarms.

I have tried a soft reset several times and it didn't help either situation. I will eventually do a hard reset, but want to know if there is anything else I should try before doing that.

Thanks!!!