View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:55 AM
twilk
Regular 'Geeker

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replacing mogul with insurance.. and random thoughts.

Two days ago the phone started freezing, yesterday the phone locked up and wouldnt soft reset. Screen wouldnt come on at all. I did a hard reset and the screen came on to reset but then turns off after the reset.

Anyway I go to sprint to swap the phone with another one. They never charge me anything to swap my phone as long as its not damaged and its just malfunctioning. Anyway the Sprint store didnt have anything so my options where to wait or go online. I go online and file the claim and asurian tried to charge me $50. Whats the deal did I claim it wrong or what? They didnt have a problem that stated phone is just locked up. So I had to put broken screen, screen blank. The damn phone is not damaged at all its mint its just freezing as these phones do. Anyway no biggy I will call them tomorrow and get the issue sorted out. I am just curious as to weather I did something wrong when fileing or if its just impossible to claim on their site without paying that $50. Thanks!

Does anyone have a mogul that doesnt act up? I have had this phone for a short time and this is my second one, going on third. Anyway its not the programs I am adding because it doesnt freeze after I add a bad programe or if it does I just remove the prog and go on about my way.

On another note anyone looking forward to the Palm Pre I hear its going to be manufactured in an HTC plant and that should start in MARCH :0 that means a possible june release. not sure how I am going to like the keyboard compared to the sweet mogul keyboard. If thats the case I will sell it and try the touch pro 2 if that ever comes out. I love the speaker phone setup thats supposed to be on the touch pro 2.

Also is there anyone like me that hopes when they swap their phone out they dont get a TP? I like the TP and its 3dflow whatever. But besides the 3D, 3.2camera larger rom or whatever the I think the mogul is the better phone function wise. Its got tones of usefull bottons. Plus with a few tweaks and .cab's you can make the mogul function similar to the TP. My personal set up is fairly basic with the HTC home customizer, quick menu, Ftouchsl (touch flow which works great), skyfire, youtube and pandora. I heard you cant get pandora to work properly on the TP. Pandora is awesome and a hard thing for me to give up. Anyway the TP hardly seems like and update from the mogul more like a fancy tweaked version with less buttons and is slightly smaller. Also the scroll wheel on that feels usless as all hell.

Last edited by twilk; 04-03-2009 at 02:03 AM.