Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 PM
slmclarengt
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

slmclarengt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Error 262 Update Error

Uggg... How do you people tolerate this piece of junk phone?!?! I'm on my first replacement and it seems to have the same if not WORSE problems than the first (hmm, sounds like when I was dealing with my HTC Touch so it's probably just the brand is junk, HTC).

I have tried different USB cables, different computers, in bootloader, in Activesync, etc... to absolutely NO avail

The phone battery drains faster than a fat kid eating cake in a cake eating contest, all the while I am missing a large chunk of my phone calls (possibly pilot pollution). In fact, the constant switching between sites may be causing this battery draining. I blame HTC and/or Microsoft but HTC moreso as they make shiny devices that have failed me thus far.

And this a great reminer why it's fine to let countries like Taiwan manufacture our devices, but designing them needs to be left to people with actual abilities (eg Apple, Palm or RIM).

My aggression is fully justified as these phones have caused me more problems than happiness since day one. Do I get my phone calls? No, not 100% of the time; maybe 60% of the time if that depending on when my phone is acting up. Sadly, this is virtually independent of custom ROMs as I ran my old Diamond with many more custom ROMs and now am running stock for now (because of this update error still!).

Windows sucks all around whether Mobile or on PC; the only reason Se7en (7) is even good so far is because Microsoft finally has competition in the marketplace (thank you Apple for once!). Maybe with the way things are going, I'll go with Apple products because if with their problems, at least they are 60 times more reliable than an HTC/Microsoft and maybe even Sprint product...

Slmclarengt

P.S. Yep, still having the same update error even with everything changed up. And no the Unlocker does not work either!