View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZ users with (working for the moment) Sprint TP's... What are our alternatives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
What I really find asinine is this really makes no sense at all from a business perspective as they don't have to subsidize foreign phones.
That's what I don't get either, it seems like VZ has everything to gain & absolutely NOTHING to lose if you use for example a Sprint phone.

Carriers don't make any money from hardware sales, there gig is the monthly service fee & VZ certainly gets paid enough in that regard. When you use a phone from a different carrier, they still get exactly the same monthly fee & really aren't obligated to give you any tech support whatever (although I personally have found they bend over backwards to please the customer no matter what phone they are using, but that seems to have changed in the past few weeks according to the latest posts)

~John