View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZ users with (working for the moment) Sprint TP's... What are our alternatives?

I have a Sprint TP on Verizon also. I have had it working since November.

You don't really have to worry about ROM flashing, I bet I've flashed mine 30 times (I just flahed to Mighty 4.16 recently) & never had to re-activate it. I have also done Sprite restores with no problems.

I don't think there is too much to worry about unless my phone breaks & I can't get it running again. If that happens, I wouldn't be happy about it but I would probably just have to buy the VZ version as switching to Sprint is out of the question (I've had Sprint service before & would NEVER go back).

Switching to the VZ TP would irritate me on GP, but that phone is nowhere near as bad as some posters here (who have probably never used one) claim it is. I have two co-workers who own the VZ TP & they love them. I flashed one of them to scrosler's latest ROM & did all the speed tweaks etc & his phone runs great. It doesn't have as much available free mem as mine obviously, but it has more than enough for most everyday use.

I have A/B'ed his phone side by side with mine & the speed etc is almost identical between the two most of the time.

~John