View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Vayaconqueso
Lurker

Vayaconqueso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZ users with (working for the moment) Sprint TP's... What are our alternatives?

I put this in a new thread, as I thought the topic was different enough, and folks are calling for the lockdown of the Sprint TP on VZW thread.
What I'm asking is - I have a currently activated Sprint TP on VZW - I got in before they locked *228.
I love the phone, and would like to keep it, but tech isn't going to add the MEID. SO, what are the options?

1) Keep using it - hoping that VZ doesn't become proactive and disable "alien" phones on it's network. - Also, as i understand it, I won't be able to flash a new rom - or do anything else that might risk necessitating a re-activation.

2) go back to my 6800... (not somthing I'm looking forward to)

3) dump VZ and go to sprint/att/ etc. Not really an option in my case - sprint's coverage just isn't quite as good in my area.

4) Buy a VZW touch pro. As much as this irks me, I think I may have to go this route. My NE2 is up (for all of $50... ) I'm guessing my gently used Sprint TP can bring in at least $200 on the craigslist / ebay market.

I could of course sit tight and wait for the Diamond 2 or TP 2 to come out - but with VZ, there's no way to know when this might happen - i don't see it happening in the next 6 months either way - anyone feel differently?

I'm just curious what the other folks in "Sprint TP Limbo" are doing.