View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Big D5
The Voice of Reason

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Referbs good or bad

I am just wondering what the community thinks about getting a refurbished PPC in exchange for a defective PPC. For example here is my current story. I have a Touch Pro that has developed a screen issue its less than 90 days old, I took it to a Sprint store to see what they could do. I was told that they were out of screens so they couldn't fix my current phone so now I am getting a replacement first of next week I am not sure if I will be getting a new Touch Pro or if they will be giving me a refurbished one. I personally have no problem getting the refurb after all if they had had the necessary parts they would have refurbished my PPC in the store that day. This is of course a warranty item and almost every manufacturer reserved the right to repair or replace your defective goods in this case I am getting a replacement whatever that turns out to be. I personally would rather have my current Touch Pro rebuilt because I know the history of the device however there is something to be said about getting the device rebuilt by someone who works on the Touch Pro all the time rather than some in store tech who deals with many different devices in a day.

So everyone tell me your stories, what dose the community think is it fair to have to take a refurbished device in exchange for a less than 90 day old brand new device?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.