Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 AM
boomhower
PPCGeeks Regular

boomhower is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth sync for HTC Diamond

Here's how I do it with Vista and Windows 7:

First go to the setting tab on TF3D and go to communications. Then turn on your bluetooth. Next click the right softkey and enable the "make this device visible to other devices" Click OK.

Now, if you haven't already, turn on bluetooth on your PC. Now click the Vista Orb and type in bluetooth in the search field. Click your phone when it shows up. Now on your phone you should get a pop-up telling you that a device is attempting to connect. Click accept and it will take you to a page to input the pass key. Follow the prompt on your desktop and put in the pass key it gives you. *since you made your phone discoverable you do not need to go to the add a device on it*

Now open up device center on your PC and go to connection settings. Make sure "connect via bluetooth" is enabled.

Now open active sync on your phone and click the right soft key. Click connect "via bluetooth" and it will sync.

I have found it goes smoother is you first set up a partnership wth USB first. But you do not have to, just for verification purposed I did a hard reset on my phone and went through the whole process just to make sure my memory was fresh. It syncs fine without touching USB.

As a last step go back into your bluetooth setting and uncheck the "make my device visible to other devices" just for piece of mind. The chances of anyone hacking your phone over bluetooth are pretty slim but better safe than sorry.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by boomhower; 03-28-2009 at 09:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.