Old 03-27-2009, 11:56 AM
SpecialAgentSicari
PPCGeeks Regular

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari
Cool WModem, Touch Pro, Working...

Alright everyone, I did a search for WModem and it seems that a lot of you are having problems getting it to work. Through searching and reading other people’s posts I have gotten it to work. You are going to need some files, the same files you used to get Wmodem to work on the Titan. You can find those attached below. I do not take credit for these files, and would like to thank TalynOne. I have tested this through USB not Bluetooth. Now for the Destructions... Inside the zip file you will find a couple files. These are the basic steps I followed to get this working on my Touch Pro.
1. Copy wmodem.exe.0409.mui, To the windows directory.
2. Copy wmodem.exe, to the windows directory.
3. Copy Wireless Modem (shortcut) into your windows/start menu/programs directory.
4. Get a registry editor and change these values.
  1. Go to HKLM\Software\OEM\WMODEM
  2. Change: DWORD "CheckProfile"=1 to DWORD "CheckProfile"=0"
  3. Change: DWORD "Multi-NAI"=1 to DWORD "Multi-NAI"=1"
  4. Make sure that DWORD "WModemDUN"=0"

The zip file also includes the drivers needed to make your computer recognize the phone as a modem. I have included an edited version of TalynOne's readme file. Thanks again go TalynOne for helping me get this working on the mogul. If you would like to try to get wmodem to connect through Bluetooth, I left the files and original instructions from TalynOne in the zip.
You make these changes at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any charges you may occur.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wireless_Modem_Touch_Pro.zip (268.7 KB, 325 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by SpecialAgentSicari; 03-27-2009 at 12:26 PM.