View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
chronster
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What program do you guys use to make wallpapers for the pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstrider View Post
I did that and it did a ok job. Man i swear some of you people on here got issues. People ask questions here to find out stuff that may work better for the phone then others. Also i want to make my own not download them. Why would i google images when i want to make my own? Calm down dude.
Well my post wasn't meant to warrant (or deserved to get) that sort of reaction, so if anyone needs to calm down its you. I gave constructive advice with practical solutions to the question you asked.

You want to make your own wallpaper, awesome man, that's totally rad. For custom stuff like a fiber glass look with maybe some blood dripping from the top and a skull gleaming through like he's the one looking at the screen, get yourself Adobe Photoshop. With photoshop you'll learn to work with layers, filters, effects, and transformations. Gimp is a free alternative, and a program I suggested (if you read past the first sentance.)

Here's an example of a quick thing I threw together for someone's wallpaper at work:

and here are some loadup screens I made for people here on ppcgeeks:

In these images it's clear I used layers and lighting effects. You can do more with it. On another forum everyone was posting pictures of the cars the drove so I posted this:

on ytmnd I've made countless sites with adobe photoshop. Photoshop's possibilities are endless. You said you wanted to make wallpapers, there you go.