View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 03:12 PM
sprintnerd
Regular 'Geeker

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd
Re: Opera Mini "Mini tutorial"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I wanted to start this thread since there seems to be a good amount of people that ask about how to install opera mini and what the best jbed is out there currently. I seem to be answering this question alot so I figured why not put it one place. I have found the attached jbed to be really good. If you use a rom with a java vm already cooked in, these steps should also work well and you will be able to set it up properly. The value add of Opera mini is speed to the web. It renders pages very good as well. Another big advantage is adding comments on sites like ppcgeeks which is far easier with Mini than with Opera Mobile. It even works well in 1x data which may be useful for some. If you find yourself nodding off waiting for other browsers to get you information, you may want to try or in some cases retry mini. A few months ago they upgraded to Mini 4.2 which brought faster downloads, and some other features. You can visit Opera.com to learn more. For some reason, the Diamond is not recognized as a device, but it works properly by following the steps provided below.

There are several version of 4.2, generic (unsigned), and signed(mult signatures). the signed version is better because it eliminates one of the permission screens. You can also adjust the font size to large or extra large which is very readable. After installation, go to Menu>Settings and change picture quality to high and font size to large or extra large. You can also sync with opera desktop websites if you have this loaded on your pc which is very cool!

1.Ok first download and install the java vm cab (to internal storage to save some space)
2. Next type mini.opera.com using pie on your phone. if your using ie6, put the browser in mobile mode.
3. On this screen, select the link that say this: "If this version fails to install or you would like to install a previous version. please click here"
4. Next, select the 1st opera mini 4.2 link "English USA Multiple certificates.
5. Your java vm will open up now and take over installation. just agree to the requests, and permissions. when you reach the net permission screen, select the first one "always giving permission". This eliminates it asking you over and over for network access.
6. Once it fires up, select accept, then menu and set up your options as discussed above for larger fonts and better pictures resolution.
7. you can now sync with Opera desktop if you have this loaded on your PC

You should be good to go. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps.
You ROCK!!!