View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:24 PM
dbell34
Lurker

dbell34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Offical Web And MMS Setting For Metro Pcs!!! Please Sticky!!!

1: Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.

2: Rename the following files and folders:

Windows\iota.exe ---> windows\iotaOLD.exe
Windows\iotaconf.txt ---> windows\iotaconfgOLD.txt
Program Files\IOTA ---> Program Files\IOTAOLD

NOTE: renaming the IOTA folder is probably all that is needed however I found the files as well and renamed them for good measure and haven't had a problem.

Where do you find these files on the phone? I have been looking for a couple of days now and have not found them. They are not in the windows folder. Also is there any rom that will bypass changing these files and get internet/mms working? Thanks in advance!