View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:06 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint ROM no TOUCHflo 3d!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13 View Post
I'm kind of with Ranger on this one. It takes 15 seconds for my Windows directory to fully load to the point I can scroll through. Frankly, I'm not in there that often, so it isn't a big deal. He/She isn't crazy for wanting a guide for removing the unnecessary items in the directory, though.
That may be true, but it still doesn't effect the performance of the OS in general. Only when using certain File Explorers to view the windows\ dir. Also "removing" files in the ROM don't actually remove them (reclaim memory). Stuff that's in the rom can be "marked as deleted", so the OS will overlook/ignore them, but they will be there upon hard reset.

If it bothers you that much, sure, delete all the files that start with "manilla", but otherwise this is not a big deal at all IMO.