View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:44 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint ROM no TOUCHflo 3d!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Am I reading your post right? You have TF3D installed just to show it off? Doesn't that seem counter intuitive? Why show off something you don't like and don't use? lol

Yeah I admit the speed thing is negligible but so many people flash a custom ROM and use the argument of getting rid of bloatware.
Now granted some people actually like it and use it but TP3D has GOT to be the biggest bloatware on the device. It's not even close.
I think you are misunderstanding how the system works.
I have TF3D installed, which means that the files exist on the system ready to be run. However, the OS isn't actually DOING anything with it if not selected from the today screen plugin menu.

In other words, you could have hundreds of today screen plugins installed, from Ultimate Launch and BatteryStatus to TF3D and SPB Mobile Shell... but only the ones selected to display will do anything.
Go into start, settings, today, Items, and untick TF3D, it will be the same as it not being installed as far as the OS is concerned.

The nice thing is, if someone wants to see how nice the Touch Pro is, you can turn it back on for bragging rights.