View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 PM
veedubguru
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

The easiest way I've found to get into EPST no matter the rom is to use file explorer and navigate to \Windows\EPST.exe.

And as far as who has better coverage, Sprint or VZW... they are both CDMA right? From what I understand (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) when you're on either carrier and you step out of your coverage area, your device will automatically roam on the other carriers network. My VZW phone has roamed on Sprint a few times, and visa-versa with my buddy's Sprint unit on VZ's network.

So no matter who you're with, you'd be using BOTH carriers towers (if needed by your device). And if you have a nationwide plan you don't pay roaming.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but from my own experience this is the case. It's also been explained this way to me by a few VZ and Sprint reps. SO... if this holds true, price IS the main difference.

But all the "Verizon sucks", "Sprint sucks" talk is a bit off the initial topic. I wasn't trying to start a carrier war. My initial post wasn't the first time I've put up about Verizon pissing me off, but my intent was to warn people about the problem. (No need for the Verizon folks to take it personal, I just don't like how they do business.) I could write a full page post about all the issues I've had with VZW since I've signed, but it wouldn't do anyone any good... there are so many of those type of posts out there about VZW already. I've seen hardly any posts about Sprint people that are mad about anything.

Does it make sense that when you do a "whois" search on the domain name "www.verizonsucks.com", you find out that Verizon Wireless owns it along with several other "anti-Verizon" domains? VZW being paranoid? I think not. From similar searches with the Sprint name, they don't seem to be as worried... Just an observation... Don't shoot me VZW peeps.

BTW... I never had those data issues today... must have been a location based issue.

Last edited by veedubguru; 03-22-2009 at 11:16 PM.