View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 04:33 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't know why people insist on posting post after post after post about how Sprint is cheaper. There has never been any argument about that. If Sprint charged what they do & had service/coverage that was equal (or even close) to what VZ provides, nobody would ever sign up for Verizon again.

That is not the case however, I have had both services & I can truthfully say this is a perfect case of "you get what you pay for". We have a corporate account through where I work & we could switch tomorrow to any service available if we wanted to.

I work in IT & I get a lot of the calls transferred to me from our people in the field when they are *****!ing/complaining about cell service problems. Last years, we swapped almost 80 phones from Sprint to VZ service (& it certainly wasn't to save money). Complaint calls on the cell service has dropped probably 95% since the change (I don't think I field two calls a month at this point, when we had Sprint service we darn near had to assign a person full time to this type of cr@p) We where CONSTANTLY smoothing over problems where a corporate customer was justifiably upset because they didn't receive a timely response to an SMS that either never arrived at all or was 8 hours late because Sprint couldn't deliver it in a timely manner.

~John
Really I think it's an easily corrected issue by Sprint. It's not their architecture that seems to be the problem. I used Helio for a year, and never had texts come in late. Helio, in case you don't know, is a Sprint MVNO - they rent Sprint's network. There's just something with Sprint's SMS servers, or the way that it is handled on the individual phones that causes the problem of texts not coming through with decent reception. A friend of mine had the Katana II (yes, piece of crap phone) on Sprint but she never had the delayed text (and calls which never ring) issues that I have with my TP.

I hope they will catch it though. Service coverage is pretty much a moot point, due to the free roam agreement between the companies for customers. Verizon just charges way too much for me to want to bother considering them... Their plans border on just plain retarded.