View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Fat Tony
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I can't install anything. I am a complete idiot.

Here is what I do, step by step.

I find and download a CAB, make sure it's on my PC. I save it to a folder on my desktop names CABS. I right click the CAB that I want to transfer/download and COPY it.

Once the CAB is DL'd, I then go to my computer and find my Touch Pro (which I have affectionly nicknamed Touch MOFO). I paste the CAB file into a folder into my Touch MOFO. I made a new folder named CABS because I am mental and I will forget where I put them.

THEN! I disconnect the phone (device duh) from the PC. Restart it just to make sure everything is copastetic. Then once it starts, go to START, PROGRAMS and then FILE MANAGER. I then go to my created folder CABS. BAM! I see all my cabs. I click them and NOTHING HAPPENS!

What cabs am I installing? Here is the list, a few worked but most (the ones that I really wanted didn't).

BadBoy 8813 FULL (installed, but can't find the settings for it)
Jet BlueTooth (this worked, thank God, now it works with my BT navis)
Mighty Mike History & Calander (installed, but can't find settings)
S2U2 installed and worked perfectly
Tethering Cab (got it from here, installed, but can't find it or settings for it or anything)
Torch Button (of all things to work flawlessly, this was it)
Touch pro Audio Fix (both) can't install

I'd DL a hundred others, but if I can't do this simple crap then I am going to one of those old people phones with the big numbers and only makes phone calls and voice mail.

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!