View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 01:44 PM
veedubguru
Halfway to VIP Status

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I'm not sure if this is a double post, but since I couldn't find one pertaining to this, thought I should share.

For those of you out there that are planning on buying a Sprint Touch Pro to use on Verizon's network, the switch over instructions on this site are no longer valid. Go to the last few pages and you'll see why. The phone can NOT be activated on Verizons network any longer. The *228 option 3 hole has been plugged up. Apparently they figured out how to piss us off again earlier this week.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro that's already on the VZW network, you're safe for the moment. Just don't attempt to switch phones and then try and go back to using your Sprint branded Touch Pro. It just flat out won't activate.

Some have rumored that they have been able to convince Verizon to add the ESN from their phone to the VZW database, but it doesn't sound like many have much success with it.

Admins: Please sticky this thread to save people the expense and time of going through all the steps. Maybe we could force an update on the first page of the original thread, but still leave it in place as the settings for QPST that are listed there are still a great source of good VZW info.
This post has been thanked 5 times.