View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 05:06 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I can assure you, I'm EXTREMELY certain that Activesync is NOT draining your battery!

It is a necessary part of the OS, and it is always running.
What you are closing is the GUI interface which is triggered every now and then to open for system events such as scheduled email retreival.
You can force the GUI to close, but activesync is always running. Its part of WM, so just deal with it!

Besides, it isn't doing anything, so just taking up memory doesn't drain your battery. Active programs only drain battery when they require some sort of processing. AS sits dormant most of the time waiting for an event to trigger it to life. And when that trigger happens, the GUI will open. Otherwise, it will just sit. This does not use any measurable amount of battery power.

Have battery problems? Check the threads here for possible solutions... I'm 99% sure that Activesync is NOT your problem!
This post has been thanked 1 times.